It has been a month since I started my oil cleansing regiment and I wanted to provide skincare updates for you all! I have had very mixed reviews on oil cleansing methods. My partner’s formula is working wonders on his skin but my skin hasn’t been too welcoming of the oil cleansing.
I think that I may have added too much castor oil to my formula because I noticed that my pores look significantly larger now. I reformulated my cleanser this week and added more almond oil to see if it would pull on the skin less (since castor oil can easily dry out the skin). There have been perks to using the oil free cleansing method. I have noticed less discoloration around my nose and darker/healthier brows and lashes. Because there’s been mutual pros and cons, I’m hoping to use the oil cleansing method twice a week to see if this resolves the enlarged pores.
I also ordered some of elf’s new skincare items to test out the quality of their items. I love that they are cruelty free and vegan! I am approximately three days in.
Here’s what my skincare regimen will look like in the next month:
- Shea Moisture’s African Black Soap Facial Wash for Problem Skin (every night)
- Shea Moisture’s Grapeseed Youth Infused Moisturizer (colder/dryer seasons)
- ELF Cosmetics hydrating water essence (used before makeup application)
- ELF Cosmetics Hydration Stick (anytime I’m fishing, working out or traveling)
- ELF Cosmetics Hydrating Water Essence (after I get out of the shower)
- ELF Water Droplet Balm (mornings and afternoons after washing my face)
- Almond, Castor, Jojoba, Rosemary Oil Cleanser (2x a week)
- Purity by Philosophy (as needed)
- Mullein and Sparrow’s Face Mist Toner
All items are cruelty free, paraben free, and vegan friendly (exception being Purity by Philosophy.
Read my previous posts on skincare:
- Skincare: Vegan, Organic and Cruelty Free
- Fall Skincare Updates
- One Week Review on Oil Cleanser Method
Introducing Amazon Handmade|Shop Amazon Launchpad – Explore new and inspired products from startups|Prime Discounted Monthly Offering| Save on Echo Show, Echo Dot and Amazon Tap | My love for THINX| Give the Gift of Amazon Prime
All photos and opinions are my own.