My heart has been heavy with the planning stages of my next steps. I have been in my role, career wise, for almost three years now and I am ready to move on to my original plan. I have only saved enough money for the applications to medical school and my prep courses. I am a bit nervous but I spent yesterday fasting and praying for God’s guidance in what is to come.
Here is where I stand. I can no longer stay in the role I have been in because it drains every ounce of me: physically, emotionally and mentally. I am exhausted. It is, no doubt, the kind of career that is a life long career. However – I have outgrown my role in this capacity and am no longer growing and developing in a way that feeds me. I need to feel like I am constantly developing in a healthy and fulfilling way. At the moment, I am nowhere near this goal. My body signals indicate that I have been in a chronically stressed state for months now, since September.
Here are my goals for 2017, in full and complete thoughts:
- Remove myself from my current situation (work-wise) and refocus my energy where it is needed to execute my next life goals.
- Trust that the Lord will guide and provide for me.
- Renew my faith in God’s plan for me.
- Spend more time on the water and less money on food.
- Do not purchase any new cosmetic items until it has been used (project pan) and replace it with organic / cruelty free / vegan free cosmetics.
- Save up and fully plan for a 2018 wedding.
- Focus on my end goal of medicine.
- rebuild relationships and friendships.